Crossfit Exercises : The Right Workout Plan for Me
Crossfit is a set of fitness exercises developed by Greg Glassman several decades ago. The goal of Crossfit exercises is to build a fitness regimen that will work even when you don’t spend a lot of time doing it. If you are not crazy about doing repetitive exercises being given the information that you will do this in just a shorter amount of time is good news indeed. Because of the variety of movement this set of exercise incorporates the best aspects of gymnastics, running, rowing and weightlifting. However, it does not stop here because there are other forms of exercises that inspired the movements for Crossfit. Maximizing the amount of work done the shortest time possible with exemplary results is good news as well.
An Introduction to Crossfit Exercises
- Filthy 50. This is a series of brutal and taxing exercises that looks endless if it is your first time to do so. The set is composed of 50 reps of 10 different exercises done in the shortest time that you can. You need to do this quickly. You need to do 50 box jumps in a 24 inch box. You also need 50 reps of jumping pullups, kettlebell swings, walking lunge steps, knees to elbows, push press using 45 pounds, back extensions, wallballs using a 20 pound ball, burpees and double unders
- Fran. The name given to this Crossfit exercise is deceptive because it does not sound and look simple as this. Fran is a series of thrusters and pullups. These are done as quickly as possible. This means you have to do 21 reps in the first round alone. By the second round you are required to do 15 reps and on the third round you need 9 reps. You can do a variation of this by changing the amount of weight that you carry. You can also do jumping pullups with this exercise
- Murph. Again this exercise looks simple however; it is compose of 100 pullups, 200 pushups and 300 squats. You also need to run a mile. You need to do this as quick as possible. The key on surviving is to pace yourself. The last mile might be the hardest and it does not matter if you wish to sprint to the finish or take your time during this period. The important thing is to finish it off
- The Seven. This is a cycle compose of seven rounds which explains the name. Exercises must be done as quickly as possible. Each round is compose each of seven handstand pushups, 135 pound thrusters, knee to elbows, 245 pound deadlifts, burpees, kettlebell swings and pullups. The thrusts are the most difficult part of this Crossfit exercise. There are different ways to modify the pushups though
- The Ryan. There are five rounds that are done as fast as possible. Not all people can master the muscle up part which is considered to be a rite of passage when you are into Crossfit. Being able to do this means that you are fully committed to be in this training. You need to do Muscle Up x 7 and Burpee to 1’ target x 21. As always you need to do this as fast as you can. You can use bands or practice transitions for the muscle up
- King Kong. This is not the huge ape from the movies. It is a faster workout that is for monsters only because you need to lift a huge amount of pounds. Each of the round requires you to lift 1 deadlift, 455 pounds, 2 muscle ups, 3 squat cleans at 250 pounds and top this with 4 handstand pushups
The concept behind Crossfit is to allow a group of people in the community to work out together. Harnessing the natural camaraderie by engaging in a sport like Crossfit is the goal for this exercise regimen. The fun that you get while you engage in this sport cannot be matched. This program prepares you for any physical challenges whether in sports or out of it. Being a program that offers you a full body workout prepares your body for the unexpected. It is so easy to see that you will get more than your m money’s worth thanks to Crossfit. Catching more members from around the world allows this program to stay a little longer than most exercises.